Construction Project All Risks
Wherever there is the construction of buildings or civil works, there is a risk of loss or damage. The contract governing the works will place the responsibility for this loss or damage with either the contractor or employer, this could include but is not limited to property developers, property owners, universities or retailers.
The Construction Project All Risks Policy has been designed specifically for employers undertaking a construction project to meet their contractual obligations whilst protecting their investment in the project and any constructional plant they own or hire.
- Cover for damage to permanent and temporary works and free issue materials, whilst on site and whilst in transit to and from site.
- Up to 12 months cover after completion for contractual obligations forming part of the maintenance or defects liability period.
- Cover for the employers owned and hired in plant and machinery for use in connection with the contract works (optional).
- Cover for a delay in the commercial operation of the enterprise in consequence of insured damage to the contract works (optional).
- Cover for public liability in the name of the employer, and other parties (e.g. contractors) as required by contract against their legal liability to third parties (optional).
- JCT 6.5.1 cover. Provides cover in respect of damage to any neighbouring property arising from the works caused by subsidence, heave, vibration, collapse, weakening or removal of support or lowering of ground water (optional).