Our Wind Power proposition provides comprehensive cover for commercial operators of onshore wind power installations with a power production of one megawatt or above (per unit).
Cover can be provided during the construction and whilst the technology is in operation. Our Wind Power policies provide comprehensive Construction All Risks and Operational All Risks cover, with associated Public Liability and Business Interruption cover available, alongside a number of other optional covers.
For operational policies, we are able to combine cover for multiple technologies under one Renewable Power policy.
In addition to insurance, we can offer a range of statutory inspection and bespoke consultancy services.
Construction All Risks – cover that may be selected:
- Contract works – up to the contract value or limit of liability stated in the schedule
- Owned plant and machinery
- Hired in plant
- Contractors JCT 6.5.1
- Delay in start-up
- Public liability – up to £5,000,000.
Operational All Risks – cover provided as standard:
- Alterations, additions and improvements – up to £1,000,000 per period of insurance (£250,000 at any one premises)
- Removal of debris – up to £50,000
- Professional fees – up to £50,000
- Temporary removal – up to £100,000
- Fire extinguishing – up to £10,000
- Maintaining machinery guarantees – up to £25,000
- Additional costs for repairs – up to £25,000
Cover that may be selected:
- Business interruption
- Public and product liability – up to £5,000,000.