Fair Processing Notice – how we use personal information
When we refer to “we”, “us” and “our” in this notice it means Allianz Insurance plc or Allianz Engineering Inspection Services Limited.
When we say, “individuals” in this notice, we mean anyone whose personal information we may collect, including:
- anyone seeking an insurance quote from us or whose details are provided during the quotation process
- policyholders and anyone named on or covered by the policy
- anyone who may benefit from or be directly involved in the policy or a claim, including claimants and witnesses.
We use personal information in the following ways:
- to provide quotes, administer policies and policyholder claims to fulfil our contract
- to administer third party claims and prevent financial crime to meet our legal obligations
- to manage our business and conduct market research to meet the legitimate needs of our business
- to send marketing information about our products and services if we have received specific consent.
There is no obligation to provide us with personal information, but we cannot provide our products and services without it.
Anyone whose personal information we hold has the right to object to us using it.
They can do this at any time by telling us and we will consider the request and either stop using their personal information or explain why we are not able to.
Further details can be found below.
We may use automated decision making, including profiling, to assess insurance risks and administer policies. This helps us decide whether to offer insurance, determine prices and validate claims.
Anyone subject to an automated decision has the right to object to it. To do so they should contact us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will review the decision.
We collect the following types of personal information so we can complete the activities in section 2, "How we use personal information"
- basic personal details such as name, age, address and gender
- family, lifestyle and social circumstances, such as marital status, dependants and employment type
- financial details such as direct debit or payment card information
- photographs and/or video to help us manage policies and assess claims
- tracking and location information if it is relevant to the insurance policy or claim
- identification checks and background insurance risk details including previous claims information
- medical information if it is relevant to the insurance policy or claim
- criminal convictions if it is relevant to the insurance policy or claim
- accessibility details if we need to make reasonable adjustments to help
- business activities such as goods and services offered.
Direct from individuals, their representatives or information they have made public, for example, on social media.
From other persons or organisations, for example:
- credit reference and/or fraud prevention agencies
- emergency services, law enforcement agencies, medical and legal practices
- insurance industry registers and databases used to detect and prevent insurance fraud, for example, the Motor Insurance Database (MID), the Motor Insurers Anti-Fraud and Theft Register (MIAFTR) and the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE)
- insurance investigators and claims service providers
- other insurers or service providers who underwrite the insurance or provide the services for our products
- other involved parties, for example, claimants or witnesses.
We may share personal information with:
- other companies within the global Allianz Group www.allianz.com
- credit reference, fraud prevention and other agencies that carry out certain activities on our behalf, for example, the Motor Insurance Database (MID), the Insurance Fraud Bureau (IFB) and marketing agencies if agreed
- our approved suppliers to help deal with claims or provide our benefit services, for example, vehicle repairers, legal advisors and loss adjusters
- other insurers , third party underwriters, reinsurers, insurance intermediaries, regulators, law enforcement and the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS); and other companies that provide services to us or you, for example, the Employers Liability Tracing Office (ELTO) and the Claims and Underwriting Exchange (CUE)
- prospective buyers in the event that we wish to sell all or part of our business.
We use servers located in the European Union (EU) to store personal information where it is protected by laws equivalent to those in the UK. We may transfer personal information to other members of the global Allianz Group to manage the insurance policy or claim; this could be inside or outside the EU. We have Binding Corporate Rules (BCR’s) which are our commitment to the same high level of protection for personal information regardless of where it is processed. These rules align with those required by the European Information Protection authorities. For more information about BCR’s, contact our Data Protection Officer.
Some of our suppliers have servers outside the EU. Our contracts with these suppliers require them to provide equivalent levels of protection for personal information.
We keep information only for as long as we need it to administer the policy, manage our business or as required by law or contract.
Any individual whose personal information we hold has the right to:
- object to us processing it. We will either agree to stop processing or explain why we are unable to (the right to object)
- ask for a copy of their personal information we hold, subject to certain exemptions (a data subject access request)
- ask us to update or correct their personal information to ensure its accuracy (the right of rectification)
- ask us to delete their personal information from our records if it is no longer needed for the original purpose (the right to be forgotten)
- ask us to restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances (the right of restriction)
- ask for a copy of their personal information, so it can be used for their own purposes (the right to data portability)
- omplain if they feel their personal information has been mishandled. We encourage individuals to come to us in the first instance but they are entitled to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk
- ask us, at any time, to stop processing their personal information, if the processing is based only on individual consent (the right to withdraw consent).
If you wish to exercise any of these rights please contact our Customer Satisfaction Manager:
Address: Customer Satisfaction Manager, Allianz, 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB
Phone: 01483 552438
Allianz Insurance plc and Allianz Engineering Inspection Services Limited are companies within the Allianz Holdings.
Any queries about how we use personal information should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer:
Address: Data Protection Officer, Allianz, 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey GU1 1DB
Phone: 03301 021837
Changes to our Fair Processing Notice
Occasionally it may be necessary to make changes to this fair processing notice. When that happens we will provide an updated version at the earliest opportunity. The most recent version will always be available on our website www.allianz.co.uk.
Allianz Engineering Inspection Services Ltd is registered in England (No. 5441840). Registered office: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. UK.
Allianz Insurance plc is an authorised Insurer registered in England (No. 84638). Registered office: 57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. UK.
Allianz Engineering Inspection Services Ltd and Allianz Insurance plc are associated companies of the Allianz (UK) Group.
It is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority. Financial Services Register number 121849. It is also a member of the Association of British Insurers.
If you have a complaint, please contact us at:
57 Ladymead, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1DB. UK.
Phone: 01483 568161
Fax: 01483 552782
Whilst we make every effort to ensure that the information contained in this site is complete and accurate, we are not liable for any errors, omissions or misleading statements on these pages or any site to which these pages connect. Anything on this site is for information purposes only and does not constitute investment advice.
Links to third party web sites on the site are provided solely as a convenience to you. If you use these links, you will leave the Allianz Insurance site. Allianz Insurance plc has not reviewed all of these third party sites and does not control and is not responsible for any of these sites, their content or their privacy statement. Thus, Allianz Insurance plc does not endorse or make any representations about them, or any information, software or other products or materials found there, or any results that may be obtained from using them. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to this site, you do so at your own risk.
We reserve the right to make amendments and changes to the information on this site at any time. Unless it is clearly indicated, the information provided on this site is not intended to be an offer by us to enter into a contract with you. A contract will be formed only after we have accepted your application and have confirmed to you that a contract has been entered into.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any software downloaded onto your computer from this site is suitable and free from viruses.
Allianz and its logo are registered trademarks in the UK and other countries around the world.
The copyright and the content and images in the site belong to Allianz Insurance plc or the images and content are used by Allianz Insurance plc with the permission of the Copyright owner. Note that we are not the owner of copyright in any site linked to our site and you should seek permission from the site owners before copying any materials from them.
You may download information for your own personal use but otherwise it may not be copied or reproduced except with our written permission.
Applicable Law and Language
Products and services illustrated on this site are available for citizens of the UK only. The applicable law governing the contents and use of this site and any disputes arising from use of this site is English law and disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. The policy will be in English
Note that this site is not intended for use or distribution by a person in any country where such use or distribution of the site would be contrary to local laws or regulation.
The services described in this site are available to private individuals for their use only. You are not permitted to use this site or to copy material from the site for any commercial purpose.
Please note that there is no guarantee that any e-mail sent to this site will be received by Allianz Insurance plc or that the message will remain confidential whilst being transmitted.